Sunday, November 14, 2010

Snow!

With yesterday being the first snowfall of the year, Brevin and I were excited to go and play.
After church today, we came right home and put on our winter gear.
Brevin wanted to shovel the driveway right away
and then he liked the idea of throwing snow at mom.
We are also able to explore the backyard and spot some animal footprints.
What a great time we had!
As you can tell by his smile, he is enjoying the idea of throwing snow at me.








2 comments:

  1. Hi! I thought I'd come visit your blog - your son is adorable. Great pictures. And I posted a tutorial on those cookies for you - are you going to post a tutorial on your great cakes??? I think you will totally love making these cookies as it seems right up your alley!
    I also noticed your nieces confirmation at Triumph - we probably have a few friends in common. If you ever want to come to Fergus, I'l put the coffee on and we can do some cookies too... seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I laughed when I saw your comment on my blog! I could just picture your hubby laughing at you - I feel just like you when I have someone I don't really know visit my blog too! Isn't that funny? Funny about you coming to FF for the H.I.T. tournament; that is the biggest weekend for my sons; two of the 3 have played in HIT's every year since high school. So, we've been sitting in the same bleachers at the same time!
    The royal icing is so simple; I purchase the meringue powder at Walmart and follow the directions for the royal icing; it is 3 Tablespoons of the meringue powder, 4 cups powdered sugar (I sift it so it doesn't have any lumps), 6 tablespoons of warm water and 1/2 teaspoon extract (I use vanilla but you could use almond or any other flavor you like.) Dissolve the meringue powder with the water and extract and then add the powdered sugar one cup at a time. Mix until it has good peaks. It makes about 3 cups. Thin it just a little for the piping stage; thin a fair amount for the "flood" stage. No secret recipe! ha ha! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete